Thursday, August 6, 2009

Be Big in the Face of Smallness. - edited.

If anyone is out there reading this stuff, for the record this is the edited version - the less whiney version.

I am claustrophobic in every sense of the word. I can not stand small places or confinement of any kind. Small rooms, small elevators, smallness in general.

Lately I have been immersed in stuff. Small stuff. Minutia. The stuff that gets under your finger nails. Clutters your mind, vision and thoughts. One day, all that stuff kind of piled up to make a bad day.

A friend of me reminded me that having a bad day is ok sometimes. And thank the big guy that we have other things in our lives that are more meaningful.

And she's right. You might have guessed that I am not a doctor. I help companies figure out what they are doing, and then I help them plan it, talk about it, organize it and basically help them get organized. I am a writer by profession, a planner by DNA, and somedays I am a sales person, a convincer, a thinker and a doer. But nobody lives or dies by what I do. Hopefully the best that I can do is help make thiings work a little better.

No comments: