Thursday, August 4, 2011

On the day of emancipation wear gold.

Emancipation is a rarely used word dating back to the 1630s.  Packed with emotion, it means to be freed, or to liberate.  It can also refer to freedom from inhibition and convention.  (Online Etymology Dictionary @ 2010 Douglas Harper).   

Great emancipation tends to be associated with the abolition of slavery, and political freedom. In a less formal sense, emancipation can refer to freedom from relationships that threaten the well being of the person or people.

The color gold tends to be associated with emancipation to represent the reward of freedom, and the celebration of opportunity. I am recently emancipated. 

 For the first time in my life, I am not an employee by my own choosing. I am the President of my own company - Lynear Thinking Strategy & Communications Consulting Ltd. 
 
This has been a dream of mine since 1996 when I first created my own definition of freedom for a corporate blue sky meeting.   I shared a vision about an environment that is creative, entrepreneurial and optimistic. Where there is no "no", just "how."  Where vision leads, and passion guides. Where inspiration is the breath of innovation. Where respect, honesty and integrity are the foundation.   
Throughout the past 16 years, I have been a good employee, dedicating myself every day to be good at what I do with results.  I wrote the book on annual reporting, resulting is 4 consecutive Awards of Excellence from 1996 - 2000 and then I created plans that caught the Auditor General of Canada's eye from 2000 - 2002. 

 From 2002 to 2011, I successfully designed and implemented integrated corporate performance management programs for Government, the Saskatchewan credit union system, private companies and non-profits. I established an award winning Corporate Social Responsibility framework for a gaming organization in 2010.  In 2010, I was inspired by George Reed as a great humanitarian, and dedicated myself to helping him to re-establish the George Reed Foundation.   

I believed and worked by the principle that when you do good things, good things happen from a job satisfaction perspective, as well as a monetary and security perspective. I have been very fortunate to work with great organizations and great leaders.  My former Vice Presidents are now my mentors.  My former employees are now my colleagues. 

Emancipation is impassioned by a resounding and deafening cry for change and for new directions.  This is mine. To work with and for organizations and individuals where vision leads, and passion guides. Where inspiration is the breath of innovation. Where respect, honesty and integrity are the foundation.

No comments: